I’m feeling cranky for reasons I know many of you would get — I am not feeling well, and doctors suck.
I’m sorry, I know I just offended my husband’s entire family — including my husband, because he told me so this morning — but I have never really liked doctors. I find many of them condescending, and under the current heath care regime I also find that trying to get them to listen to you say more than “yes” or “no” is like trying to get an audience with Marlon Brando, dead or alive. “Don’t call us, we’ll call you” is not health care.
I’m sorry to anyone reading who is a doctor or related to a doctor. I’m sure you are an exception. Like my father-in-law — if all doctors were like him everyone would be happy and healthy.
Anyway, I was ready to wind up into a major rant — instead of just letting off a little puff of steam as above — but I decided instead to respond to a meme from Cher Mere, because I just love seeing myself linked to in nearly any fashion.
So, six unspectacularly quirky things about me, according to these meme rules:
* Link the person who tagged you
* Mention the rules in your blog
* Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours
* Tag a new set of six following bloggers by linking them
1. There are 4 air conditioners sitting on my front porch, any of which may or may not work. (I’d like to say this is a quirk of my husband’s, but nothing is really stopping me from doing something about it, I guess, except the fear of getting rid of something that actually works or could be repaired.)
2. I have a thing for purple — right now I am knitting my first pair of socks for myself, and they are purple. In general, I think being into purple is for 12-year-olds and that poem “When I am an old lady . . . ”
3. I have a habit of tapping on the top of Diet Coke cans before opening them. A friend in junior high told me this stopped them from exploding. I have been informed that this is absurd, but the habit is still there.
4. I often make really unstable stacks and piles of things.
5. I am really enjoying Flight of the Conchords from Netflix and I think Jemaine is weirdly hot, in an inexplicable way. I am sorry to any of the 2 New Zealanders I know who may not like the show’s occasional New Zealand-based humor. (New Zealand . . . . Rocks!!!!!!)
6. I cannot eat bell pepper or anything that has been touched by a bell pepper, though chile peppers are OK. I also don’t like tomato chunks (puree=OK). This made vegetarian dining out hard, as apparently roasted red pepper is the height of veg cuisine, as well as a featured ingredient in all things veg at the Whole Foods deli counter.
Because I am tired and cranky I am begging off linking to others — especially since Patience and Cher Mere have done it and linked it around already!